Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Walking and shopping like a zombie

The zombie part indicates that I'm still dealing with being sick, but again, being in Rome means I don't have time to sleep all day. We started off by walking to Roma3, which is a university in Rome, to meet a bunch of Roman college kids just like us to meet with and to show the "real" Rome. Unfortunately there is a strike of public transportation today, so we walked about 45 minutes to get there. Double unfortunately instead of interacting with them, we just watched a series of videos where Italians spoke poor English and Americans spoke worse Italian. All in all it was two hours that could've been spent in bed nursing myself. The strike also meant that we would have to walk the hour-and-then-some to our next class, which was not an easy task with a now grumbling stomach and extremely runny nose. I figure you all deserve a photo, so here is where a homeless guy sleeps. Probably.


After a short but sweet language class (100% on first quiz) we walked down Via Del Corso (my favorite street) to a large clothing store called Zara. Here I found out that there are no overweight people in Italy, as it was extremely difficult to find dress shirts in my size. Eventually I found a few nice shirts that actually fit pretty well, but it certainly was a task.

Short day here in Rome with no real excitement; however, I leave for Prague tomorrow afternoon (for most  of you before you wake up) to spend my birthday and the rest of the weekend there. I'm going to keep up the fight to get better lest I fall prey to this illness abroad...er.

No comments:

Post a Comment