Saturday, January 15, 2011

Do as the romans do

Today was my first full day in Rome, and let me tell you about it. We woke up around 10am (3am your time) and took the tram to our new meeting place: a bar called 79ers. We were given a croissant and a cup of espresso as they are customary elements of any good Italian breakfast. After we sat around for a while, we were taken to a ristorante where I had not pizza. The meals here are two courses, which I wasn't sure about, so inevitably I got full after the first course...which was pasta. Delicious. The second course was chicken a la something. I hear it was good but as its only day 2, I wasn't quite ready to try the bony veiny pollo. Still looked amazing though.


After the meal we split up into groups and received a packet of pictures. They were of famous Italian landmarks (The Colosseum, Pantheon, you know no big deal). The 32 of us spent the afternoon running around Rome trying to get the most pictures, running past locals and making it very clear that we were those obnoxious Americans that they warned their kids about.


3 hours later my legs fell off. Now I'm in bed nursing my blisters. Im positive I walked more today than all of Winter Break. Now I'm going to take a nap. The night has a pizza and a bottle of chianti in store for me. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment