Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Triaminic, not more cowbell, is the only prescription for a fever here
I was debating whether or not to title this post "I'm dying," but I'm sure that would concern quite a few people right off the bat. Alas I do in fact have the flu, which means I feel like shit right now, but that doesn't mean I had a terrible day.
I woke up this morning for my second Layers of Rome tour which brought me to the Republican Temples. The area they now reside in is a tad more commercialized than it was 1000's of years ago...or is it? The area used to be the a hustling forum for trade and money changing, as well as one of the largest markets for meat and vegetation in Rome. We then visited Capitoline Hill, which housed one of the largest temples in Rome designed to pay tribute to Jupiter [Roman for Zeus (Greek for the big glowing white-haired guy in Disney's Hercules)]. Finally we took a look over the long-since pillaged Roman Forum, which as you can see was quite a site to see. I'd have a lot more pictures to show you; however, I haven't charged my camera battery since I got here so it gave out on way during the middle of the tour. Blame Canada.
I FINALLY HAD CANNELLONI! For those of you who have made this far and are wondering why that sentence is in all caps, cannelloni is essentially the reason I came to Rome. Pathetic right? Wrong. It's a huge tube of pasa filled with stuff like meat, ricotta cheese, and spinach and is slathered in sauce that can only be described as super amazingness. This was certainly a meal to show you...had my camera been functional. My bad. Now I'm sitting in my room blowing my nose every 3 minutes and rocking a fever hotter than the sun. Not quite that hot, but you can understand where I'm coming from.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment