Sunday, December 5, 2010

A foray into blogging

Hi anyone. My name is Danny and I've decided to write a blog. In order for this to really work I'm going to have to outline a few things first.

I am exceptionally lazy, so an effort this strong means that something major is going on thats pulling me to write this.

  • It could be the fact that I leave for Rome in January and wanted a place to share my experiences. 
  • It could also be that I have so much work to do these next two weeks for finals that I'm creating a blog to procrastinate, further promoting the aforementioned exceptional laziness.
  • Personally, I think that its because Facebook status updates and Tweets aren't long enough. Trying to compress the major events of one's life into 140 characters is not only impossible, but I start to hyperventilate when I think about how little I can truly say.

Now that we've established the origins, lets get back to the main show. Its going to be a bumpy ride. My sentence structures are often funky, I frequently use non sequitur incorrectly (possibly there as well?), and to be honest a lot of the things I say don't make very much sense; however, throughout this little experiment I hope to find at least a gem or two of knowledge that I can look back on and be proud of. Will I keep up with this? Am I going to be able to maintain witty, yet insightful posting for a good amount of time? Are you sure this is happening?

Me nether, but lets find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment